School-Business Partnerships of Long Island, Inc. Joins The Minstrel Players in the “Community Give Back” Program
School-Business Partnerships of Long Island, Inc. (SBPLI) has announced that The Minstrel Players, Northport’s oldest theatre group, will take part in the “Community Give Back” program during the 2013-2014 season.
Tickets are $20.00 for adults, $15.00 for senior citizens and children. For every ticket sold, The Minstrel Players will deduct $5.00 from the original ticket price and donate $5.00 back to SBPLI to fund its annual FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) robotics programs.
Several widely known plays will be performed throughout the year on the following dates and times:
- The Mousetrap: Saturday, October 26, 2013 and November 2, 2013 at 8 p.m.; Sunday October 27, 2013 and November 3, 2013 at 3 p.m.
- A Christmas Carol: Friday, December 13, 2013 and Saturday, December 14, 2013 at 8 p.m.; Sunday, December 15, 2013 at 3 p.m.; Friday, December 12, 2014 and Saturday, December 13, 2014 at 8 p.m.; Sunday, December 14, 2014 at 3 p.m.
- Wonder of the World: Saturday, April 26, 2014 and May 3, 2014 at 8 p.m.; Sunday, April 27, 2014 and May 4, 2014 at 3 p.m.
- Scenes from the Zone: Saturday, July 26, 2014 at 8 p.m.; Sunday, July 27, 2014 at 3 p.m.
- The Game’s Afoot: Saturday, October 25, 2014 and November 1, 2014 at 8 p.m.; Sunday, October 26, 2014 and November 2, 2014 at 3 p.m.
“We cannot thank The Minstrel Players enough for their generous act of joining the ‘Community Give Back’ program,” says Joani Madarash, Executive Director, SBPLI. “The theatre casts extremely talented individuals who put on phenomenal performances. Their participation will help support our organization and the continued success of the FIRST robotics programs.”
The theatre is located at Houghton Hall, Trinity Episcopal Church, at 130 Main Street in Northport. To order tickets, please call the box office at 631-732-2926 and mention the SBPLI code or visit http://minstrelplayers.org/ and enter the code. For more information on SBPLI, please visit www.sbpli.org.